Where we can we will tell you our fees, some cases are not straight forward and we may not be able to tell you the cost to conclusion of your case, even then, we will tell you an estimate or state by stage fee at your consultation.
Below is our fee structure. This is our promise to you to know your legal fees for your case wherever possible. These are our legal fees, sometimes an application fee, court fee or disbursements are additionally payable and where this is the case, we will let you know at your consultation.
Our prices below relate to Small Claims actions where the value of the claim is less than £10,000. Where the matter is a Small Claim you will not recover your legal fees as part of the claim. If the matter is valued at more than £10,000 then the Court will allocate the claim to the Fast Track. In this situation if you win your case you will recover your legal costs.
• Letter before action to collect simple invoice debts - £150
• To issue County Court proceedings, including completion of the Summons and Particulars of Claim - £300. There is also a Court fee to pay but this depends on the value of the claim. The level of Court fee can be found by reviewing Form EX50 which is available on the Ministry of Justice website.
To represent you to a Hearing, we charge the following at individual stages during the proceedings:
• Completion of Allocation Questionnaire £150
• Preparation of List of Documents for exchange £250
• Preparation of witness evidence £250 per statement
• Preparation for Trial including drafting Bundle and instructing Counsel £500
Simple small claims actions from £500
If you have any questions about our fees, please contact us by calling, email or chat option on our website www.jansolicitors.com, we will be happy to clarify things for you.